I fundamentally believe in people's capacity to grow and change. Sometimes that change comes in the form of shifting perspectives, changing relational patterns, communicating more effectively, increasing self-acceptance, improving emotional regulation, or developing adaptive coping strategies. Change is a dynamic process and sometimes hard to predict. In my experience, a variety of tools and perspectives in the context of a caring therapeutic relationship are needed to facilitate this growth. Therefore, my approach with each person or couple is multi-modal and collaboratively created along the way.
More About My Practice
My practice is integrative drawing heavily from relational, cognitive-behavioral, and emotionally-focused frameworks. I work with individuals from adolescents through adulthood, as well as couples. I also completed a specialization in health psychology and have expertise in chronic illness and behavioral medicine techniques including relaxation training, mindfulness, biofeedback, and hypnosis. This concentration influences my approach with all clients to consider the mind-body connection throughout our work.
I work with clients, (adolescents and adults) with a broad range of presentations such as anxiety, depression, bipolar, trauma, learning challenges, grief, life transitions, and relationship concerns. I also have expertise in helping people who are living with a chronic illness such as migraines, diabetes, chronic pain, and gastrointestinal disorders. My work in this area includes psychoeducation about the mind-body connection, symptom reduction, learning to manage stressors resulting from chronic illness, and improving treatment adherence.
Education and Career Background
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (now William James College)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology at Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (now William James College)
- B.A. in Psychology at Bates College
- Primary Care Psychologist at Cambridge Health Alliance (2014-2015)
- Postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates
- Postdoctoral fellowship at Boston Behavioral Medicine